Vanilla & Chocolate Lamingtons + Videorecipe
Please scroll down for Croatian
These tasty treats will please party guests of any age!
125 g butter, softened
1/2 cup, (150g) caster sugar
10 tbsp, (160g) plain flour
15 g baking powder
10 tbsp, (68ml) milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
12 tbsp milk
100 g plain chocolate
125 g butter
1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla sugar
150 g desiccated coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C fan. Grease and line a 20 x 20 cm square cake tin with baking paper.
2. Add the butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Then gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture, then fold in. Gradually stir in half the milk, and then the other half. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. Transfer to the prepared tin and smooth the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes until springy to the touch and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave in the tin to cool for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
5. Melt all ingredients for the sauce, until it just reaches boiling point, leave to cool slightly. In the meantime slice the cake into about 20 squares then deep each square in chocolate sauce. Place the coconut in a shallow bowl and use it to coat the cake squares on all sides.
5. They can be consumed now or if you can leave them covered at least a day. They will taste much better.
If you have leftover chocolate sauce you can make these delicious No-Bake Chia, Carob & Chocolate Bites